I failed to mention on my first day that my P-Day is on Thursday so that is why its been forever!
The first week has been pretty good so far, I am already speaking more Spanish than I ever thought I would and my companion Elder Wilson is pretty great! We also taught our first practice investigator on the first Friday, which was pretty terrifying because Elder Wilson and I knew no Spanish, but as the lessons continued it became so much easier to communicate with the practice investigator. The food here is pretty good and you guys would be amazed at me, because over half the meals I have had, I did not even know what it was!! My district is a really great group and almost all of us are going to the Kennewick, Washington mission. We also got to go the Mexico City Temple Visitor´s center today, which was really cool! I ran into Hermana Crone the first day and I have seen her plenty of times since! I got here right in the middle of the rainy season, so there have been some pretty serious rainstorms while I have been here. I have to say thank you for the watch, because it is like my best friend. I am using it so much, that one day i forgot to put it on and I kept looking down at my bare wrist trying to figure out what time it was! I am kept pretty busy here which is good, but there is a lot more time of just sitting around than I thought there would be. How are things with you all? Its still weird to think that life still goes on while I am in the MTC! I am having a really good time here and I am learning so much and I also am staying in a cool pink house!! I am sitting here at the computer trying to say more than just one word responses!!! Well i can't think of much more to say, but I will write next Thursday and I hope all of you guys and gals are doing swell!!
Love,
Jacob Walimaa
P.S. I am trying to take as many pictures as possible!!!!!!!
P.P.S. Oh and something completely unimportant, but in my room we have a flyswatter named Juan Pedro de la Mar!!!!!
| Mexico City, Mexico MTC |
| Elder Walimaa and Elder Wilson |
No comments:
Post a Comment